CVS brand pregnancy test

Has any mammas ever taken a cvs brand early pregnancy test? I took one 2 days after my expected period. I did spot somewhat heavy 2 days before my period was due. I did get a blue line in the results window but the line was very very faint and thin. But you could see it in type of light. Has anyone ever gotten these results and it be a true positive or false positive? I'm hoping this in fact is a true positive :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Just wait and test a few days later. Good luck!

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You should NOT use a blue die test AT ALL!

They are NOT accurate and are KNOWN for false positives!

Get a pink die test and try again with first morning urine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I use tests from the dollar store! You can buy 10 of them and test for the next 10 days and you still won't spend as much as you would for one test somewhere else.

I have gotten positives on a dollar store test as early as 3 days before my period.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, I used a CVS brand and a Rite Aid brand and they were both correct. I tested positive the 1st day of missed period and I did not use my first morning urine. Too expensive to buy the namebrand tests when you are TTC! In fact, I have been pregnant 3X and always got my first positive from generic tests.
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 3:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011