I'm 31 years old and am going back to school in the fall...

I'm so nervous and am filled with self doubt but I only have 11 classes left for my AAS in LPN so it makes sense to go back. I did well in school and know I will do well with these 11 classes but am I smart enough to do the job? Is anybody here a nurse who has advice? Has anybody else gone back to school later in life?
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in

• way to go

You can do it!

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes ma'am! I'm actually in school now! I think it's awesome for anyone, no matter their age, to go back to school and better themselves! =) I'm also taking basic courses to get into our RN program...I know it's hard but you can do it! Good luck sweetie!
    Judahsmommy96

Answer by Judahsmommy96 at 4:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Oh, forgot to mention, I'm soon to be 33. =)
    Judahsmommy96

• yes i started january 2010 after many years not in school. i was 33 when i returned to school. it was extremely scary and alot of anxiety but you can do it. i am in a 2yr program and i will be graduating 2012 so its all worth it. . good luck

oh i am going for vascular technology...its difficult but i found the more challenging the better the reward.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• 31 is later in life??? *cringe* I turn 30 later this year.... lol.... I am certain you'll do super. good luck and have fun
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:13 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I went back for a 2nd degree when I was 32. I was so nervous all the "kids" would think I was "old" so I went and bought an all new wardrobe! I was also nervous I wouldn't remember any of the stuff I had learned when I went to college the first time. Turned out, they didn't know I was any older than they were until I told them, and all the old stuff came right back with a quick review. School was actually easier the 2nd time around because I wasn't so interested in the partying and staying out all night - it was kids and study! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 10:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2011