Do you think $5,000 is enough to move?

I need a place to rent,lights,water,furniture (sp?). Only thing i am taking is our clothes,my vehicles.Did I forget anything?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am transferring my job so that's a great help.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sure depending on how picky you are with furniture, decor etc. I could move with 5k as long as a big chunk of it didn't go to the moving company, Uhaul or whatever else. How far do you have to go?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Also depends on how much rent (first month, last month) and security deposit are...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Depends on a lot of things. We just moved from TX to FL in April and it cost us nearly $10,000 without buying anything new for the house - just the moving truck, gas, hotel, deposit for the residence and deposits for utilities.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't need a moving truck,because I'm only taking our clothes,van,and car
    And I'm moving a couple hours away from where I stay now.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It would depend on how much your first and last and security was. Ours was more than that so it would not have left us with enough but if you are moving to a reasonably priced area then you should be okay.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• When we moved across country we spent $1200 on gas, food, hotel. We didn't rent right away as DH needed to find work. We stayed with my aunt for almost a year and paid $1800 rent (150 per month). When we got our place the total move in plus gas to move was $1200 give or take. We have slowly added a full platform bed, queen bed, night stand, 2 microwave cabinets (toy storage), 3 book shelves (1 tall 2 short), 1 couch, 2 recliners, a solid wood dining table and four chairs for $200 including the gas to get them home. Add all that together and our move cost $3322.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 10:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sounds like it should be enough ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:23 AM on Jun. 2, 2011