How did you know you were in love?

idk if I just really love my ex as a friend or if I'm in love with him or if I just can't shake it because I'm afraid to loose him?? ugh idk

its cheesey cause we dated when i was 16 and he was 14 for three years.
I broke up with him just after three years because i couldn't handle the long distance. he's been in ohio and can only visit during the summer.
i got pregnant a few months later, we didnt talk much that 9 months after we broke up but we've been good friends since my twins were born.

things are just soo complicated between us. he lives in ohio i live in washington state. he's 20 i'm 22. we're both college students but now i'm a parent and he still stays up all night drinking.

hes coming to visit in a few weeks and idk if i'm just trying to stir up feelings with myself because i'm lonely and i miss having someone loving me as much as he did
or if i actually want to be in a relationship with him.
omg what am i doing. i dont even know how to ask any of this im just so confused about everything. how can i sort all of this crap out :/ does anyone have any advice?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry you sound like you're exhausted and you just want the help so you're willing to try and mold him into this person so you can love him. It won't work. He needs to grow up and realize he's a parent and if he wants to be with you he needs to change. You need some time to sort yourself out and while being a single parent is hard, being with someone who don't love and who still acts like a teenager is harder. Good luck!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It may very well be you projecting the things you want onto him. But of course it's confusing because you an still see the situation behind the projection.

The best advice I can give you is to not rush anything.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What she said sounds like great advice to me never rush into things as you will not see critical things that could be lifechanging
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011