Ideas for yellowstone national park

Has anyone been to Yellowstone National Park? I'd like to plan a trip there, although I don't know if I'm too late for this summer. Any tips you can give me to plan this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 2:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Travel

•   Morning Glory Pool

Ohhhh boy u are in for such a treat!! i am jealous! I LOVED it!!! Nowhere on this earth, or at least IMO, has no greater beauty the Yellowstone!! 1st thing that is a absolute must is the Glory Pool This time of yesar is good, but it will be VERY busy. I went 6 yrs in the fall season and it was better not as busy.  Spring weather changes suddenly and it can either get downpours of rain or a blizzard (although rare) cause over half the park is above I think 7,500 feet and thast why weather can change with no notice.

.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Bears are coming out of hibernation, Be careful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• that "morning glory" pool looks SO beautiful!
    We don't want to camp there by the way. Any lodges or hotels nearby that you can recommend?
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• how long are u staying?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• and if u do nit mind, how much money will u have? There alot of very very nice hotels evrn cabins
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't know how long would be sufficient to see everything we need too. We have about 11 hours of drive to consider too, which will cut in to dh's available time off. Any ideas how long would be good. I don't think we'll be able to go back there again, so I want to make sure we see everything.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, I have to check the prices. I'm sure there will be something within every budget.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• there is this search engine I use when I fly to florida and get dirt cheap prices. One year I flew down and the price for airfare, car rental sand hotel stay for week for $550. OIf u can and u give me options or approx dates and lets say u stay a week or so, and give the highest budget u r abloe to spend and I can search for hte cheapest pkg and let u know...I get discounts on most stuff casue I go there all time.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• oh and the state u live in
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Your not too late. Actually this is early. They still have a lot of snow and some of the roads are still closed. It's a long winter this year. We go every few years in July or August and my FIL practically lives there in the summer. There are lots of places to stay in West Yellowstone, Montana and in Jackson Hole, Wyoming but I recommend staying in Driggs or Victor, Idaho because it is the most beautiful place in the world! (But then, I am a bit partial to Driggs and Victor since that's where I am from LOL) You can easily make a day trip and see all of the main attractions of the park. Expect it to be a bit crowded at the more popular spots like Old Faithful. Stay away from the animals. The bison just stand there like they're harmless but they will charge people when they get too close. Lots of info at http://www.nps.gov/yell/index.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011