Do you vent on FB?

I read something about a woman and her husband all on her FB wall. I don't think it's a problem as long as you know who will see it. However, I do not use my wall to vent I use CafeMom...lol.

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 2:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• No I don't vent because (to me) it's tacky and immature and crazy. Some people have been losing their lives because of the stupid stuff written on FB, besides I'd rather tell a person off in person or on the phone.
    MsEgypt

Answer by MsEgypt at 2:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i vent about how i feel when in crisis or when stressed but i dont make my drama personal with names or anything but i would have to say yes i vent
    shymomof3

Answer by shymomof3 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No, because I don't like to complain all the time. Many of my friends just don't understand my situation. The TRUE friends will just support me. There have been others that just deleted me b/c I FLIPPED out b/c my b*tch of a SIL and MIL tried to take my child in a car w/o a carseat for the 100th time. I'd TOLD them many times before, and they chose to put my child's life in danger, and I was just venting on there. I lost a "friend" because of it. Oh f*cking well. She doesn't have kids, and obviously doesn't know how it feels to have someone who totally disregards your child's life. Then, my b*tch of a SIL had nerve to get mad at ME. So...whatever... A few of her friends and cousins were defending her, but it was just stupid b/c my kids life is just a LITTLE more important than the b*tch's feelings. They said I should have just told her in person. UHM I HAVE!!! That's why I was so pissed about it!!!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• *I should say I don't vent ANYMORE... I usually didn't in the first place, but some of the true friends supported me, and others (her friends/family) backed up the idiots in the situation.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I mostly keep how I really feel to myself, why would I post something personal when I won't even talk to my grandparents or family about how I feel.. If I'm pissed off I will say so but that's as far as it goes. I don't need to my family or my friends know what I'm struggling with. I have very few close friends about 3 or 4 that I will talk to but some of them don't understand how I would feel or what I'm going through. No way in hell would I post on FB anything that's too personal
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 7:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No, because I found that people really don't want to hear about your problems. When someone says hello, how are you, they really don't want to know how you really are. Facebook is great for networking but not for venting. I have found that Facebook is more of a popularity contest than anything to see how many "likes" you can get. When you need to vent, pick up the phone and talk to someone who truly cares.
    mommamiaria

Answer by mommamiaria at 7:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i used to but then i never got anyone who would comment on it or like it for that fact so i kind of mellowed out, on the other hand, there's this one friend of mine who always gets supporting comments when she vents and creates drama on FB.

if people would comment on it, i think i still would vent, i dont have many people that really want to hear about my problems over the phone or anything, isnt that funny?...you got pple telling you their problems but its like they don't want to hear about yours? and like PP said...i did have a few pple delete me as well but who knows if it was because of my posts.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• you have these feelings built up inside and kind of dont know where to put them. Usually FB is the number 1 place to put them.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No way. There are too many people I know IRL over there that would make a big deal out of it. Plus there are just some things I don't want my former 1st grade teacher or Youth Director knowing, you know? lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes I do and I have great friends and family that back me up and show support
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2011