Has your hubby ever complained about your weight?

My cousin is really upset because her boyfriend told her she was over weight. My husband mentioned something like that to me. Hips, thick theighs, and booty run in my family on both sides. So, I just did a few sit-ups and made him join me. I was not offended he's my bestfriend and I love his honesty. What do you all think?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 2:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• mentioned it but not come out and said it was a problem
    shymomof3

Answer by shymomof3 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No. My husband has never had a problem with my yo yo weight gain and lost after having our kids. He actually gets mad when one of my family members mention something about my weight!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, my DH hasn't really "complained" per se. He has mentioned it. I've mentioned to him that he's gained weight, and he's been bike riding ever since. I will join him once I have the baby. I know I need to lose weight, but that's not gonna happen right now while I'm 37 weeks pregnant! He's not mean about it. His b*tch of a mom and sister are, though. UGH... His mom has NO ROOM to talk, and his sister is just an evil b*tch who thinks she's better than everyone.

SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No,Never.He will not bother,and i advise u not to bother,ur husband says that frankly to and to kept inside of his mind.I think u r lucky for having that open minded husband.
    teddy838

Answer by teddy838 at 4:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I work out and if I had a husband he would workout with me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I knew I had a weight problem but didn't want to confront it. I kept asking my husband if I looked bad, he kept saying no. Finally one day, we got into an argument and had a real heart to heart about what was happening in our marriage and he admitted he had a problem with my weight. It hurt but at the same time I appretiated that he didn't call me fat all the time and that he admitted it. I think it would depend on the way a husband says it to his wife and how he treats her. If he is calling her fat and demeaning her all the time that isn't right but if he is just telling her how he feels and encourages her to do what she wants (to lose it or not), then I think that is ok.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No, in fact I was heavy when I had my son. I gained over 60 pounds. I lost it all over 14 years ago but I compensate and do not go overboard with eating. I have been a size 4 or 6 and still feel like I am fat. My husband complains that I diet too much but the depression that I got from gainig weight from being pregnant was just too much. He will complain that I am too skinny since he is heavy but I am fine. I am at a happy medium now.....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 6:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It would depend on how it is said... Actually, I'd worry if my husband though I was fat (as in large enough to be unattractive, which is different from being concerned about weight gain), I think I'm fat far more often than not, and he thinks I'm just fine the way I am. If its in relation to pregnancy weight gain, I'd be finding a new boyfriend...but, if its done out of love and a genuine concern for health (my family has a propensity for being morbidly obese and his has a history of early heart attack) in relation to diet and exercise habits, well, we've had that conversation together, and made a FAMILY effort to eat healthy, be more active, and spend less time in front of the TV/computer...after all, thats the best way to be an example and raise healthy kids to break the cycle of obesity and obesity-related health concerns like diabetes, stroke, heart attack, etc...and to just have enough energy to be good parents.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• no, i know that we are both overweight and we are working on it, together and separately. But he says that if I never lose a pound, he would still find me sexy.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, makes me sad because I don't want to be overweight.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2011