If you could choose the sex of your unborn child, would you?

I think the option is there but I would not use it myself. I feel really funny about that type of stuff. Things are made a certain way for a reason. Tell me what you think?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 2:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. I am not interested toying with mother nature. I think it's disgusting when people do that, tbh. Some things just need to remain natural. Choosing the sex of your unborn child is absurd.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No God gives me boys for a reason and I am very happy he did! I love my boys!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yes of course
    shymomof3

Answer by shymomof3 at 3:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes, I would. I have two beautiful girls, and I just wanted a boy. The docs say this one is a girl, too. No more kids for me, so I guess that will never happen.. =(
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No I absolutely would not! The good Lord knows exactly what I need in my life and I trust Him to bless me according to His will for my life. Currently, I have a seven year old daughter, Raegan, a five year old daughter, Kynlee, two three year old sons, Noah and Levi and two days ago I gave birth to our third little princess, Micah. With each pregnancy we decided we didn't even want to know the gender until their birth.

ValMommy17

Answer by ValMommy17 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No, I wouldnt mess with nature like that, I am happy to get what I am given.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No,not at all.It is natural thing,i dont want to make it artificial.
    teddy838

Answer by teddy838 at 4:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't. There are a few reasons. The first, having been TTC for 2 years, I would be grateful for a boy or a girl. They are both pretty awesome. The second is that if something were wrong with my child, I would probably wonder "what if I hadn't...?"
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't change sex, but if the child had a genetic disposition for a debilitating disease I would change that if I could. Like cystic fibrosis or lupus. If I as a mother could avoid that kind of tragedy I would. I believe in natural selection. It works great. When its allowed to work...
    In our society, people who would not natural reproduce are being aided through science and medicine to conceive and for those children to live long enough to conceive.... We have removed ourselves from the 'natural' selection. I'm not saying we shouldn't help those people ... That's tragic, since the ability is there to help them. I am instead saying that, since we have removed ourselves from natural selection, we should apply this same science to genetically eradicate these diseases.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We get what we get. That's up to God. He knows what we need.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011