What Vitamins are good for your skin?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 3:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Vitamin A, B3, C and E and Vitamin K ointment or cream is good for skin around the eyes.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I was told Cod Liver Oil is good, but I was told to take the liquid form instead of the pill form.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• omega 3, seaweed (i.e. chlorela) and vitamin c. as far as i know you should be careful with vit a and e. and they need to be taken complimentary with other oligoelements to work properly...
    3pippings

Answer by 3pippings at 6:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Borage oil, evening primrose oil, and coconut oil are fantastic for the skin, both topically and by ingesting. Vitamin A/beta--carotene is also very good, as is zinc. However, be careful if you supplement with the fat-soluble vitamins (the oils, vitamin A, E ...) because too much can be toxic BUT do know that the current guidelines for the RDA of these nutrients is currently much lower than what a body needs, let alone not near close enough to toxic levels my any means so unless you go hog wild, you'll be just fine. Both my kids, under the care of their DAN doctor, take a large amount of oils with no side effects whatsoever.

Also, don't start supplementing w/zinc unless you have blood work done to assess your copper/zinc ratios; the proper balance needs to be maintained for optimal health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Carrot oil is wonderful for the skin!
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My mom swears by vitamin E for everything
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011