Laproscopy

Has anyone had one? What was recovery like? Is recovery better/worse if there's endometriosis they have to remove?

I have an appt with my doctor to talk about this, but I want some first hand experiences!

MedicMommy

Asked by MedicMommy at 6:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had to have that done twice to remove adhesions (& even adhesions that caused a tube to connect to my bowel) You will be a little sore for about a week or two. The gas they use to inflate your abdomen can travel to your shoulders & collar bone area and is a bit uncomfortable. But it's worth a little discomfort to have the relief from the endometriosis. Best of luck to you! (BTW- I was scheduled for my 3rd lap. surgery when they told me I was pregnant! My son "cured" me! )
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've had 4. Some were exploratory - to see if I had Endo. I did have one to remove endometriomas from both ovaries. All the recoveries were about the same. I was feeling OK in 7 - 10 days. The gas did cause a bit of shoulder pain.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I felt fine in a few days.
    Anonymous

• mine got better for a few motnhs after lap and removal of endo. didnt stop it from coming back but i did feel better a couple days after. i was out of the hospital the same day as surgery and i recovered fine just real tired. i was also 16 though so it might be a little easier to boucne back if youre an adult :] good luck!
    babymaycker

Answer by babymaycker at 4:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011