How many times in a year you go on vacation and what are your fave places?

3pippings

Asked by 3pippings at 6:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• We go often. Myrtle Beach is only 90 minutes from us, so we go there for the day a lot. We are hoping, in the next couple of years, to get a camper, so we will go on weekend trips a lot.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We do 3 or 4 trips a year. Usually 2 long ones and 1 or 2 shorter trips. 1 trip is always to Buenos Aires to visit my husbands family and we usually stay for 3 to 4 wks. 1 trip is to a destination we want to go to for fun....Maui, Barcelona, Jamaica, Italy - this trip is usually about 10 days. The other 2 mini-vacations we take are usually 4 to 5 days and we keep them with in driving distance or they are very short flights....Disney, Captiva Island, Atlantis in the Bahamas, The Keys (we live in S. FL).
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We try to go to Maine once per year to visit my pepere (and soon my parents) as well as my best friend (since I was 8). Unfortunately I don't get paid if I don't work so we've only made it up twice in the past 6 years.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My husband has lots of vacation, and we have family in other parts of the country, 500 and 2500 miles away. So we usually go for 4-5 trips (3 weeks total) to his family and 1 trip (1 week) to my family every year. Any extra days are for projects or a long weekend in the mountains or beach, which we do maybe twice a year. While visiting family, each week we do maybe 2-4 days of touristy stuff.

It's cheap (relatively), and I love that family is important, but as the kids get older, I'd like to rip a week off something (probably his family, just due to the balance) and go on a road trip, or visit theme parks or beaches or camping- a longer just-our-family trip! (I don't even mind if some of his huge family comes along for some/part of it, like we meet in the mountains and camp, just that we're somewhere different, not sitting around the same houses talking and eating)
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• First off, DH has a family farm about 3 hours from where we live. We spend most weekends there. When we aren't in the country, I often follow him with our toddler DD to his various conferences and conventions. I work full-time but sometimes will take vacation time to join him. We also try to fit in visits to my family. This summer we are going on a 1.5 week trip to Alabama as well as long weekends to Louisiana, Bryan/College Station, and, hopefully, Memphis to a family wedding.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• most of our vacations involve going to visit family in various parts of the country... my husband is active duty army, he gets 30 days of leave a year
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• oh, I forgot to say, we move all the time, we make it a point to go on weekend visits to the places around us that are interesting... especially national parks. we went to smokey mountain national park a couple weeks ago and spent a day there
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• wow! my life looks dull compare to you guys! lol!! we used to travel a lot with one kid but now we have 3 kids. so we go to places that could be reached by car within 6-7 hours...that will end us in paris, barcelona, monaco ... and we do it about 2 - 3 times a year (we live in switzerland) most weekends DH gives classes so i pretty much stay home with kids on the weekend
    3pippings

Comment by 3pippings (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• We usually take one longer vacation during the summer and then we'll do several day trips throughout the year.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:31 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We usually take one vacation a year. Last year we went to St. John VI. We have in the past gone to Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, France... several places overseas. We save all year long for our trips.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:50 PM on Jun. 5, 2011