Hi my child is very unhappy with her teacher.

Hi my daughter is 8 now inyear 3. She is a very clever girl and never struggle with her school work. But for a while now she does not want to go to school, she cries every morning. She says her teacher is being mean. I know my child she is a very brave little girl and she can handle anything, now she is crying at night she is even constipated because of stress. She is getting glingy. I have spoken to the teacher and she said she does not know why Ilze is feeling like that because she is one of her top students in class. She does not want to be in that teachers class. I dont know anymore I feel so worried about her.

worriedmom191

Asked by worriedmom191 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• School is almost over. People often have to do things they do not want to. If it is this severe, you need to take the time to go with her to school. First contact the teacher and discuss it. Go into the principal and discuss the situation with him/her. What are the specifics that the teacher has done to make the child feel and react this way.
    When I was in first grade, we had to put our heads on our desks and rest for an half an hour. One day I started coughing and I coughed and coughed. The teacher came over and hit me on my back. For many years, I thought she was the meanest person to hit me because I was coughing. Now, I see that she was trying to help me clear my thoat. Point being, it was a misunderstanding.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Maybe she is being bullied by another child in the school. You should talk/meet with the school counselor. See if you can visit the classroom during class time. Good Luck.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 7:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd just remind her that school is almost over (our last day was last Friday) and that she will have a new teacher next year. I'd probably take her out every day after school for something special just to get her through each day until it's over. Maybe even see if you can sit in a couple classes between now and the end of the year. Good luck!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Do you know any other moms that also have a child in the same class? Just wondering if there would be more than one child that feels the same way about the same teacher. School is almost out so hopefully she can hang in there. If she is one of the top students then im sure its not that she is getting into "trouble" that would make her dislike the teacher or feel she is mean. For instance my middle two kids are 9 and 8, they once asked if they could sue their bus driver lol for being mean. Well of course when i asked how is she mean, their answer is 'oh she says we talk too loud while she's driving" Unfortunately for them they forget that im mom and i know them and them being too loud is ABSOLUTELY true about them. So you see in this case i know shes not mean my kids are just loud! In your case there must be some OTHER reason. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Have you spoke with the school counselor or principal?
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i would speak with the counselor.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Maybe the stress of being "one of the best student in the room" is getting to her. School is almost over, talk to her over the summer about what was wrong this year, and ways of changing it or coping better.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:02 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thank you for every one`s response, you are all right. I know we were talking today about it, I think it is the reason. She wants her school work to be perfect, and I mean at 8 thats not really good to stress about that. But i am going to take her to see someone about the stress to help her relax more and help her to handle it easier. Her teacher also is knowing about the problem and I thing she will try to help her now, and understand the situation better..
    worriedmom191

Comment by worriedmom191 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's almost over. Hang in there. Is she sensitive to how the teacher is treating another student in the class?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would speak to the admin.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 4:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011