What would you think?

Do you think that if a man gets to comfortable just living together not being married thats a problem? I think my SO is use to me being so good to him that he doesn't want to get married, because we "basically are already" he says. What do you think? Is he avoiding it for a reason??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• I would talk to him about it. Ask him if he see's the two of you getting married some day.
    If he tells you no, and you want to be married in the future well then you will have a problem.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It's cheeper for him to not marrie you. When you all break up(not saying you will). It's a matter of just leaving. No lawyers no papers no court coasts. Stuff like that.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• So I should just put up with it?????????
    Anonymous

• do you have kids together? some men are just turned off to marriage because the odds arent that great that doesnt mean he loves you any less. now unless youve been living together for like 10 years that may be questionable
    i know a couple that were living together for about 4 years before they even got engaged. some people are like that
    learae

Answer by learae at 2:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Talk to him about it. Tell him you see a wedding in the future, if he doesn't feel the same tell him you're going to have issues and need to work on them. Perhaps he's afraid that if things change something will go wrong and it's easier to break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend than to get divorced. I've been through one divorce and although I don't see myself getting married in the near future I do see it at some point and I told my boyfriend from the beginning that I want to live life but at some point I do want to be a wife again.
    Anonymous

• Yes we do have a kid together! I have kind of talked to him but he avoids it HARD CORE!
    Anonymous

• I have that problem!!!! It's more common now a days with the whole taxes thing. We have been together just over 5 yrs. and have 2 DDs and we almost got married. He never really wants to it's just a piece of paper to him. He tells me all the time "what does it mean it's just a piece of paper" everyone thinks/considers us married anyway.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• He may feel "free" - that he could walk out any time without legal problems other than child support. He may feel that marriage is a lifetime commitment.

Answer by Bmat at 2:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My husband was the same way and I know for him it was that he is "scared" of losing everything. He has seen so many cases where a wife cheats or leaves her husband and get the house, kids...He even admitted to me that he doesnt want me to leave him someday and take everything he has. Even though we are far from rich, so I dont know what he think I'll take!! LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Are you ready to give him a ultimatum. Marry me or we are ending this relationship.If not you will just have to be happy he wants to just live with you. Because if he doesn't want to marry you, you can't force him too.

Answer by louise2 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008