Is this a sign my 5 month old will walk early?

He's only 5 months old now but he's already standing sturdy and can move his feet in walking motion. The baby can already hold his weight and practically stand but I still support him with my hands. His daddy walked at 7 months and I walked a little later. Can't remember. People are saying they can't believe he's doing that already. Oh and is it possible for a baby to skip the crawling stage? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's possible, I know none of mine stood at 5 months. Keep it going, try to have him walk along furniture.

Anonymous

• It is possible for your baby to begin walking at this stage. I began walking at 6 1/2 months. Im not sure about the crawling though. Do you mean that he hasn't started crawilng yet?
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My granddaughter stood well and made walking motions at an early age but didn't walk on her own until 17 months, so although your son may walk early, I don't think that what he is doing are good indicators.

Answer by Bmat at 2:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It is possible and every baby is different. If you want him to walk soon then buy one of those things that they hold onto and push around the house. I forgot what they are called, but if you want to know what Im talking about then message me and I will look it up for you.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• A walker? lol
    Anonymous

• no a push toy, walkers are bad because they don't teach them to balance. it's possible although we thought that would happen with my daughter and ended up crawling at 10 months and walking at 15 (independently) never showed any signs of crawling though just one day took off.
    unwieldingdream

Answer by unwieldingdream at 2:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I've had the same question, I was walking at 7 months... my baby was at the same milestone as your at 5 months- pulling up, crawling well... she's at 9 months this week and standing without support.. who knows. :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• oh.. we just gave ours a push toy last night- it was a Christmas gift, but decided she was better off with it now than two weeks from now :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Mine was standing also at 5 months. Now he has been walking for 3 weeks and he is 9 1/2 months. It could be a sign that your baby will walk early, but not necessarily.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008