I am 35 weeks pregnant with my second child (my first was born just 14 months ago). I am curious to know if second pregnancies had to go into labor earlier or later?

MomaD4

Asked by MomaD4 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine was later, first time I gave birth at 31 weeks the second time 41 weeks.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It just depends. I went into labor earlier with my second and later with my third. You don't get earlier each time or later it is just when the baby is ready.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I agree... some do, and some don't !
    TealRose1

Answer by TealRose1 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My second and third pregnancies did go earlier and also labor went much quicker. On the labor front, I was able to handle it easier because I had an idea of how I would react. I was able to stay at home longer, which kept me more comfortable, and had the doctors thanking me for showing up.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My second was two days late. However when it came time to push, only three contractions and there he was. The labor itself was only about an hour shorter than the first. It just depends on the woman and when baby is ready.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2011