How can I stop my nausea naturally?

been having morning sickness and nausea for about two weeks and am tired of tums :( is there any other way to settle my heaving stomach hollisticly?

Monica.J

Asked by Monica.J at 7:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Crystalized ginger helps some women and others like my daughter used something called a 'Seaband' in the UK. It's like a little hair scrunchie that you put on your wrist .. with a little plastic ball that you fit so it presses on your inner wrist -a sort of acupressure - this is used for sea sickness, travel sickness etc ... and works brilliantly for a lot of pregnant ladies !!
    TealRose1

Answer by TealRose1 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Water with lemon in it, or mint :) it always helps me.
    BeccaKelly0112

Answer by BeccaKelly0112 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Saltines before you get up. For me Dr. pepper also worked. Back in my Mothers day, you use to be able to get from the drug store Dr. Pepper or Coke Syrup, the base before soda water, to help with morning sickness.
    daps

Answer by daps at 8:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Of course. I used to get it bad and after 5 pregnancies I learned some tricks. Keep some saltines crackers at the bedside table and before you get up eat 3-5 and wait around 10 min before you get up. The crackers absorb stomach acid that contributes to morning sickness.
    Use Ginger. Get fresh Ginger at the store and make tea with it. You have to cut it into slivers and dunk it like you would a tea bag into hot water. Then add honey to it and you can add lemon too. I wont lie, Ginger doesnt taste the best but it will ease your morning sickness. Same thing with Gingerale. Get as close to natural as possible tho.
    Suck on sugar free suckers. That helps too.
    Eat small frequent meals instead of large ones. You wont feel as sick if you eat 5-6 small meals compared to filling up on 3 meals.

Answer by gemgem at 8:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• suck on peppermint candy or chocolate if the saltines don't work

Answer by admckenzie at 8:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I found that sea bands and having something in my stomach like saltines helped.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• for me i had to have a script calld in i tried everything...honey with tea, saltines,tums,warm baths,mint cough drops,takeing my prenatels late at night, not eatting anything an hr b4 bed time,cutting out spicy foods and nothing helpped until i got my scrpit and also wild honey cough drops helpped and so did those nausea suckers you can buy from the motherhood stores but thse were very short lived...good luck finding a remady that works for you!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If you are at home, try lying on your left side taking slow deep breaths. My doc told me this when I was pregnant over 20 years ago and I still use it to this day. It really works well.

You should lie there a few more minutes after the feeling goes away just to be sure.

You can do this anywhere you can find a spot to lie down.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Try eating a high protein snack before bed...nut butter toast is nice.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:41 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• saltines, ginger ale
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2011