Do you take pride in how your children dress/look?

I am just wondering if I am alone in that dept. I spent alot of time and money making sure my kids look nice and have the latest fashions. I take great pride in being able to do this and know they look good for school or outings. I see alot of parents at my kids schools who dont seem to really care, and just send kids in whatever. I have seen kids with uncombed hair, not matching, and looking like they just got out of bed.
So what kind of parent are you?

Asked by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm kind of obsesses about lol. I always have to iron their clothes before they go out, they have to match, their shoes have to match too and be clean, hair combed, baby cologne on (I give them a bath every night). I often see kids around all dirty, wrinkled clothes etc...last summer I saw a little kid (probably 2) with a HUGE hole in his dirty shirt, a boot to one of the foot and a regular shoe to the other, the mom was dressed normally, I was like "Really?".
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My boys are 10 and 6. I'm proud of the way they look for about the first 1.5 hours of the day.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I may not keep up with the latest fashion or spend a lot of money on clothes, but I make sure they are properly groomed. I believe you kids are an reflection of you. But that does not mean I will go and spend $150 on a pair of shoes. I use to spend boohoos of money on my kids clothes, but times is tough now. I do make sure they are matching, hair comb, and they are looking clean. I do get what you are saying. i went to the store yesterday and this toddler had on nothing but a diaper and his feet and legs looked like he was playing in the mud.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids are always clean and hair done, but probably casual, and not always matching b/c they are getting to the ages (3 and 5) where they are getting excited about dressing themselves. I don't worry about it too much b/c when I see a kid that doesn't match I always think that they dressed themselves.

I guess they are a reflection of my b/c I am super casual and a yoga pants girl. I dress them when I need too, the same way I can dress up when I need to, but on a daily basis, I don't think it matters too much
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My sister is like that. My niece looks like she has been in a chicken fight. Her clothes are always too little, too short, or dingy. Me and hubby use to buy her clothes when we went and brought our kids clothes, but my sister ever takes care of them.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Oh yes, my DS is only 5 months and I spend more time AND money making sure he looks good lol, every morning I spend ages trying to find the right clothes for him to wear :) He's always first :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids are't in school yet but when we are out in public I do make sure they look nice. Clean faces, clothes that fit properly, shoes that aren't beat up and ratty, haircuts when they need them.
    The may not match exactly but I kinda think plaid and stripes look cool on little boys lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids are always clean and well groomed. As for having the latest fashions - my 13 yo with autism occasionally bites the rips his shirts, so no he does not have expensive shirts from department stores. I got tired of him coming home in a brand new shirts there were ripped beyond repair, I just can't afford that! So his clothes come mostly from Goodwill, but that's not to say that anyone but me knows that - shopping there I can buy him more expensive name brands than I could if I bought them new.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids go to a private school, uniforms - so we don't worry about the latest fashons. Yes, they are clean, hair combed and they're matched.
    I do make sure even on free dress days and non-school days. Although my dd is the sloppy one, always seems to something on her shirt. It drives me crazy, cuz she's 12!
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I make sure that they look clean and neat. We are not well off but I make sure they have decent clothing. I think my kids are a reflection of me.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011