Can anyone recommend a good lice comb?

I've used the metal ones that come with the lice kits on my DD; they don't do a good enough job. I even went to the pet store and found a flea comb and tried that. Seems none of the combs have teeth that are small enough/close together enough to be able to comb out much of anything!!! I do pick out with my fingers but it seems these combs are uncapable of catching even 1 tiny egg. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I just went through this and it is a little pricey but omg it works great!

http://www.amazon.com/Liceguard-robi-electronic-detector-remover/dp/B000P6TF8W

You can also get it at walgreens, cvs also might have it. Another way is to put Listerine in their hair with a bag for 2 hours. Rinse with white vinegar and let it set another hour. Then comb with the metal lice comb. The listerine kills them, and vinegar loosens them. It works. My dds hair was down to her butt and I had tried it all and that ended up working. But the robicomb also works.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Bump
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 8:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I liked the metal ones....
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Lobelia, I have been using the metal one but it doesn't seem to be working well enough.

Gemgem, thanks for the link ... I just ordered it and thanks for the tips. I've already soaked her head in olive oil overnight several times, then washed with my sons Rx dandruff shampoo, then soaked and conditioned with coconut conditioner, then soaked and rinsed w/vinegar ... that's been the routine. These things have helped tremendously but I needed extra/better help in the form of a more effective comb to rid the problem once and for all. Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011