*******UPDATE---Just Heartburn or something else?*******

Just got back from the doctor he has diagnosed me with GERD and has prescribed the medication Nexium and Zantac. He wants me to try this for a couple weeks and then if it doesn't get any better then he will try something else. He also told me to get a special pillow that elevates the head neck and shoulders. Will update again when know if the medicine is working or not.

Just Heartburn or something else?

I'm just curious I have an appointment with my doctor later this week to discuss this but wanted to get opinions from you ladies. I have what I call heartburn every day and it is worse when I eat; it is in my chest and goes up into my throat and makes me sick. I have tried almost all the OTC medicines for this and only get relief for about 30 minutes.

These are the feelings I have been having--A burning feeling in the chest just behind the breastbone that occurs after eating and lasts a few minutes to several hours; Chest pain, especially after bending over, lying down or eating; Burning in the throat -- or hot, sour, acidic or salty-tasting fluid at the back of the throat; Difficulty swallowing; Feeling of food "sticking" in the middle of the chest or throat.

My question is do you think it is just heartburn or could it be acid reflux or what?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• I don't know but it doesn't sound fun. :( bump for you.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Glad to hear you got some answers from your doc.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011