Anyone else have a screamer?

My twin sons are 20 months old tomorrow and one talks, the other screams! He isn't saying much for speech and is getting a speech evaluation on July 30th, so what I need to know is how do I communicate with him when he is screaming?

mom2twinboyz06

Asked by mom2twinboyz06 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Screaming out of joy (thinks it's funny) or because he's upset? My dd (2) screams for fun and I am trying to break her of it. I tell her, "no screaming" because I thought you were hurt, and you're not. Or the neighbors might think you're hurt and you're not.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• try telling him NO-NO then saying you need to use your words. my youngest sister was deaf and this is what we had to do, because she couldn't hear herself screaming but knew it would bother us.
    carinsmommy

Answer by carinsmommy at 10:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I was told by a friend of mine that my son should of been a twin because he didn't want us to know stuff like when he was holding his own bottle. Sometimes one will talk and the other will just be an observer. Maybe he is an observer and screams for attention and for what he wants instead. As for helping to stop this. I'm not sure but maybe this thought may help you.
    econnis

Answer by econnis at 10:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• THANKS LADIES FOR YOUR ADVICE! Dylan is actually going in for a speech evaluation at the end of the month, since he's not talking and I know he's communicating with us out of frustration, he did this last year for awhile too when he would eat, but then he stopped, so I am not really sure how to respond to him.......I know he can hear us,but there are times when he totally tunes us out!
    HOPEFULLY I will get some answers at his appt.!!
    mom2twinboyz06

Answer by mom2twinboyz06 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2008