Do you think doctors sometimes

rush some pregnancies into caesarean sections? I KNOW there are health risks at times where it is required, but as far as the doctor's schedule or some other non necessary reason, do you think they rush it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine wasnt. I was in labor for 3 days after my water broke before then did mine. When i always heard that you had to get the baby out after 24 hours of your water beaking.
    Anonymous

• OH HECK YES!! People who are only 2 or 3 months along ALREADY have C-sections scheduled for 38-39 wks. IMO I think it's stupid to schedule one that early....but whatever. Also early inductions... I can understand if there's a health risk, Ok that's fine. But at 2 months, you DONT KNOW when the baby is gonna be ready....I think it's for the convenience of the doctors, so they don't get called in to work in the middle of the night to deliver a baby. Luckily for me, my midwife is in the "Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait" program so their whole office doesn't schedule C-sections or inductions unless they're necessary.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I know that there are some doctors out there that would most certainly rather rush into a c-section. Not all doctors are perfect and honorable.

I'm TERRIFIED to having to have a c-section. Thankfully my mom is a nurse, and she's going to be my labor advocate. She'll know if I really need one or not, and I trust her to tell them to back off if it's unnecessary.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yea I feel the same way. I want to have my son vaginal sense I had a c-section with my 1st but it seems like my OB is pushing me into getting another c-section.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think it is true that some docs rush to c sections, but also believe the opposite is true. Some midwives drag their feet when a c section is needed. My midwife let me go for THREE DAYS of labor and 4 hours of pushing before I finally had my c section. I believe an OB would not have taken so many chances with me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Some definitely do.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008