dont want to go to school?

my dd emily is in kindergarten!she has been crying since friday before school she dont want to go! she has been fine untill now.im at a loss what to do, i talked to the teacher she said shes fine when i drop her off.so i feel better.im just stressed i ask her is anyone picking on you?having a hard time with something ?she just says i want to stay home with mommy or she wont even say anything ??someone help?im at a loss what to do to encourage her to go without crying any advice?

my3wormies

Asked by my3wormies at 2:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why don't you go to school with her one day and stay back and just observe?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• it could also just be an attatchment issue and they get over it pretty quick it could also be her just trying to get some sort of attention from you idk or maybe someone is picking on her you never know teachers can't watch every one every sec. of the day
    Anonymous

• Ask the teacher to monitor lunch and recess these are usually the times when children are picked on by others and the teacher is usually not present. My daughter was in the second grade and kept complaining about her stomach hurting and that she could not go to school. I knew she enjoyed school sick or well so I knew somthing was not right. She would not express that she was being bullied until i suggested that we see a doctor about her stomach. She finally told me that it was happening when the teacher was not present...lunch and recess. I was so hurt and angry about this matter.....the other student was supended. Have a conference with your daughter and the teacher together so her teacher can reassure her that she can always come to her about any situation.........that really helped my daughter.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It might be that now that the excitement of school has worn off, she misses you again. Both of my sons did that. They were excited as all get out to start school, but then eventually the excitement wore off and they would remember the days when they got to just play, play, play and start telling me they didn't want to go anymore. I'd do as the other moms suggested, just to make sure it isn't something more, but if none of that pans out, then I'd just explain to her that she's in school now, and that she has to go everyday. Remind her about winter break, spring break, summer, etc. and just be there for her.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• thank you ladies!im gonna talk to her teacher today after school..her teacher said she dont think no ones picking on her but she might of missed something?i dont think its that thought ,she tells me school is boring .and she misses me ,i have been telling her about winter breaks & she is learning so much to encourage her to want to go.hopefuly its just a faze and it passes.i also dont thing its atention shes seeking out she gets tons of love & attention from me & dh anyone else?
    my3wormies

Answer by my3wormies at 3:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter was 6 years old in the first grade and she started that and the year before she was finei spoke to a councilor in the scholl and they told to try a book called counting kisses and along with that try not to show her that her being upset makes you upset try and be strong and firm and tell her she has no choice i know it is hard but it worked for me.....good luck
    lisan279

Answer by lisan279 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• sorry to here that maybe there doing something in school she dont under stand
    Anonymous