Travailing with fondant

for my sons 3rd birthday we are going back home to AR to see my husbands parents. i want to make a train cake with fondant icing and figures. and as much as we all love our in law "hint hint" my husbands father drives me nuts. i want to make part of the cake at my house like the figures that will go on top of it, and take them with me i have been told not to put them frig but what about a 9 hour car ride? kuse the less time i spend making them there the less my loving father in law has to bug me about it please help to save my sanity any know if i can move it. (once again i live my in laws theres just things i avoid doing around them cooking is one)

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 8:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think you need to get an ice pack and one of those large rubbermaid containers, put several layers of plastic over the ice pack, and it should keep the figures cool withoug making them sweat,, 9 hours you know your going to have to stop the car, so i am afraid they will melt from heat, but I know they can't be 100% cold either,,have you thought about just buying a cake when you get there? Or calling ahead and ordering one? I think it is awesome that you want to go to all of this work, but I think that you might end up with a mess after you spent so much time, effort , and energy on the cake,, hope you have a good birthday party!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i would but ever since i was little my mom made my cakes and it ment a lot to me that she put so much work in to something for me that i want to make all my kids cakes kuse of that.
    Manda_Evans

Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011