Is walking or riding a bicycle better?

Which one would be better for exercising to loose weight. Wanting to loose all over body weight. I always hear that walking is one of the best things and i was onsidering buying a bicycle but not sure if it provided a good cardio workout for loosing weight? What is your opinion?

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I prefer walking myself. You can also go up to a jog and then walk is why and do it at your own pace.

Answer by gemgem at 9:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Biking would burn more cals, because it requires more out of you. Walking sometimes is the easiest, because it can be done anywhere and can be relativity easy to put into place..... park the far away from the store entrance, take the stairs, walk the perimeter of the store first before shopping, etc.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would rather walking, but according to the readings on my treadmill as opposed to my stationary bike, you loose about twice the amount of calories on the bike as you do walking.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I Love riding a recumbant bike. Have recently discovered my love of it. I rode 20 miles tonight. Get a good heartrate monitor. I have a MIO and love it.
    twinsmomma2002

Answer by twinsmomma2002 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2011