How much pride do you take in your appearance?

I am very casual and a little bohemian, but I don't worry about what I look like very much.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I take alot of pride in how I look. I always try to match of course, and wear whatever seems appropriate for whatever event I am going to. I wear alot of walking suits when we go to little league, or cheerleading because it is comfortable. If we go somewhere to eat I wear a nice dress, or skirt. I dont really do slacks, just dont like them. I probably own 2 pairs of jeans and I rarely use them. I try and have the "whole package", nice car, decent clothes, nice looking kids etc. It is just one thing I am particular about.

Answer by gemgem at 9:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I spend my time in front of the mirror, but I'm not obsessive about it. I want to make sure I am clean, my hair is fixed neatly in some sort of way (even if it is just a neat pony tail), and that I have mascara on. I would say I can be completely neat and ready to go in 30 mins from shower to door.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I take a lot of pride in my appearance, always have. I love my make-up so I wear it almost daily. I try to give my eyes a rest some days when I'm hanging around the house. I like wearing different clothes and try to keep up with style appropriate for my age (56). Even when I don't wear any make-up, I moisturize. I have my hair long and I have it colored every 4 weeks. I've been told that I look younger than I am more than once. That really makes me feel good!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I take a lot of pride in how I look. Personally, I don't mind not being made up as much because I like the way I look in t shirts and sweats with no makeup. But I do however like to wear nice dresses and shoes. I like my stuff to match. I make sure my nails look nice and I smell good. I am high maintenance in a good way. I do all this for myself and no one else. I could care less if someone doesn't like what I look like and I don't care about attention. Being a makeup artist, appearence (and skills) has a lot to do with how you get your clients and it's part of the beauty industry. I get a lot of this from my mother. I was always the kid in school with the prettiest, coolest, youngest looking mom. It made me feel good that my mom kept up with her self and still does at almost 50. Now it's my turn! LOL
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I take a lot of pride in my appearance.  I shower and wash and style my hair every morning.  I dress casually if I'm at home and more stylishly if I'm out and about.  My nails are long and always polished and my hair is still it's natural colour.  I'm almost 48 and people tell me I look 10 years younger. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Enough pride to leave the house neatly dressed with appropriate makeup/accessories. I work full-time in a govt office in my state's capitol complex so I have to look professionally dressed when on the job.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Very much, am working on losing 20 lbs. so I can look more stylish.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Since gaining weight and getting older, I have no pride in my appearance. I could care less.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:36 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I feel I dress more casual, because of my life style. I work outside. I am a Crossing Guard, so I wear a uniform. When I go out, it depends on my mood and where I'm going. I tend to be on the "trendy" side. Sometimes I feel a little sexy. Depends.

Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 1:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I take pride in how I look and if I am not keeping up with the jones on style, they can just kiss my grits. I am my own person.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2011