What does one do when they are ready to give it all up?

Dh, kids, home everything. Not kill herself, but pack up and just leave...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Seek counseling.

Answer by gemgem at 9:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• She needs a break.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sometimes life is overwhelming. Take a break and get some counseling. Dh and kids love you deeply so seek out all the help you need.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Pray.Find a few minutes of me time. If you have friends ask them to babysit, or take a walk.Ask for help.
    remark

Answer by remark at 9:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If you're just going through a moment, it will pass. I have felt on and off that way for 25 years. Sometimes things just get overwhelming. But in a few hours everything is back to "normal." If it's something you can't shake, you need a break, before you break. If you do walk away, you will regret it later on. Try and organize, it helps some. Don't try and get everything done all the time because when you don't, you feel you have failed. Sit down and talk to DH and tell him you're feelings and see if he can pitch in. Just stay with the kids while you visit a friend, grocery shop, go for a walk, or whatever your budget may allow. And as remark said, pray. God doesn't give us more than we can deal with. It may seem that way, but what you have going on, you can get through.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Spa day. A massage is wonderfully relaxing.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 9:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You need a break. Call a friend or family member to babysit and just go honey and take a break. You have to.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I honestly don't know why I feel this way. Lately, I have been questioning why I even choose this lifestyle. I'm not like other mothers who love every second of being a parent or love every second of being around my kids. The sad part about this whole thing is that I decided to bring 3 children into the world and I feel like this. I feel terrible because I feel like this. It's not fair to the kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Break time for Mommy! Also, you might want to talk to your doctor about how you're feeling. Sounds like depression to me- that's what I felt like before I was diagnosed last year. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I went through this as well, it was years of feeling this way and thinking about how much better life would be if my husband just died. I dreamt about packing up and leaving and eventually I hit a breaking point. I ended up leaving after many other things had transpired.
    One thing I realized is that I was co-dependent (which I never realized I was). There is a great book called Co-Dependant no more...it was amazing how I had every characteristic (10 pages worth). When we stop taking care of us and putting everyone else's needs and feelings before us, and we are sacrificing our wants and desires it starts to become an issue. One thing I learned in counseling is I have to take care of me first, if I'm happy everyone else is happy and I'm better able to take on things I need to. I'd suggest counseling if this continues, I'd never recommend doing what I did. I was gone for 8 months, I'm home now.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011