What summer activities are your kids doing?

We have Girl Scouts year round and we just signed up our younger daughter for the community theater's summer workshop. Our local community college is also offering a summer program for kids and she might do that as well. This is her first year being too old for the summer reading program, so we are looking for other alternatives. (c:

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 9:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Same ole same ole here. Swimming, hiking, camping in the backyard, going to the movies, vacation bible school for my 11 yr old which he loves, amusement park, zoo, and in July they both start training for Football & Cheer. Oh and dd has gymnastics.

Answer by gemgem at 9:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nothing this summer, I just don't think I can afford it. I will make sure they get to play a lot when we are home, but I don't think we are doing football or gymanstics this summer. Hopefully things look better for fall activities.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sleeping, he's a lazy teenager
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My daughter is in scouts also but not during the summer, but the scouts earned enough cookie money, so they are going to Boyne Mountain, or Great Wolf Lodge. Pretty cool. My son wants to fish. We want to go camping to.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 9:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Gymnastics, softball, day camp for a week...and then all the normal BBQs, swimming, and holiday stuff.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Just playing with their friends. I like lazy summers, no responsibilities, nowhere to be. We can jump up and do family stuff whenever we want because the kids aren't in anything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I work and my job is very seasonal, so no summer vacations for us. We have a pool and the kids basically live in it. We do amusement parks, the Zoo and the Art Museum. I have 20 somethings and a 4 and 5 yr old at home.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nothing this summer, I know we can't afford anything I will make sure they get to play a lot when we are home, but we will more then likely be packing and moving during the Summer so he will be helping with that.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011