What is the biggest baby you have personally known anyone to have?

I am overdue...kill me now...but yesterday my doctor asked how big my biggest baby was, and when I said 7lbs 5oz, he laughed and said "we blew past that mark weeks ago".

When I told my MIL, she disclosed to me that my BIL was 11lbs 4oz. That's lovely to think about!

They're inducing me Friday if I haven't gone on my own, so at least the end is in sight!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband's niece was 13 lbs 7 oz - and my SIL delivered her vaginally because her doctor was anti-C-section. My SIL didn't have any more kids after that, but I really can't blame her.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well the biggest one I know personally is my dad he was a 12 lbs and was born at home with a just a midwife.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I've never torn before...I'm guessing that that little streak is over for me`
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• 11 and 12 lbs. sisters that were pregnant at the same time and both had large babies for their first born
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My niece was 12 pounds!

Answer by older at 9:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my cousin was 11 pounds 7 oz, and I used to work with a guy who said he was over 13 pounds. Says he still holds the record at the hospital he was born at and he's over 50.

The doctor thought it was going to be twins, when he was about to be born the doctor had a x ray done to see what position the babies were in. That's when he realized that is was one big baby.

But now a days I'm sure they would realize this sort of thing way earlier.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• personally, one of my own children, my second daughter. i was 3 weeks overdue with her and tried to deliver her vaginally but her head would not engage in my pelvis after 10 hours of labor. i also couldn't dilate past 8cm either. so i wound up with a c-section for failure to progress, and delivered a 10.2 lb baby! that's how i knew i was right all along with my due date and the doctors were wrong, because i didn't have gestational diabetes and my other two kids were (1st) 6.9 lbs and (3rd) 8.4 lbs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My son was 10 lbs 6 oz, and although I gained about 45 lbs while pregnant, I am only 5' 3" and 100 lbs. His size was a shock to the doctor and nurse as well (they thought they were going to drop him).
    didra

Answer by didra at 9:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There was a woman in my mommy group that had 12 lb 6 ounce baby boy. She was also very obese and had gestational diabetes though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nobody ever believes me, but my uncle was 14 lbs.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011