Can you believe??

it is June 1st already?? My son has 7 days of school left.....OMG what are we gonna do. Can't believe how fast the year has went by. When are your children on Summer Vacation and what are your plans for the Summer?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids get out at noon on the 8th. I am sooooo NOT looking forward to summer vacation!!! My oldest will be going to my dad's for 3-4 days each week, and my middle one has summer school for 2 wks, and then will go on a summer school trip to Chicago for 3 days. My youngest will be home 24/7. My mil will probably have the younger 2 over a few times this summer, and I am sure the youngest will work on "Mim" (my mom) and beg to go to her house and do overnights with her.... My mom did say she wanted to have the kids over sometime this summer, but not sure when.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My boyfriend and I have been saving pennies and silver and we want to take the kids on vacation.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I can't! Mine get out on the 3rd, and I'm ecstatic- I LOVE summer break!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My Dd gets out for summer on June 9, I am counting down the days. It means I get to sleep in an extra hour!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• June 17th. They will spend a good deal of the summer in the new large above ground pool being put together and readied this week, and in the town's incredible reasonably priced summer program...WOW they are lucky and fortunate! Also when hubs can he will take them to the lake. They will be busy and happy all summer long. I will be working unless I'm one on the growing list of people to be laid off.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Mine are done next Friday.. and it's a half day.. right after that we are moving into our new place... I'm excited!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My kids don't get out until the 21st. We have no plans for the summer. We just do whatever. We're hoping to go camping but no real plans. My husband works all summer and won't take any vacation time so they will be short trips (3-4 days at the most probably).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My boys got out of school last Tuesday, so far I've bought their pool membership and they went yesterday when it opened for the season. They both also stay really active with baseball and wrestling throughout the summer. I'm hoping to take a couple small vacations this summer, we'll just have to see how it works out. I'm planning a day at a waterpark and the zoo.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• June 24th is the last day of school here because we had so many snow days - they even cancelled february vacation too. We don't have any significant plans for summer except a two week trip to Ireland to visit mine and my husband's grandparents and other relatives, we're leaving on July 3rd. Other than that we'll do things like go to parks, the zoo, the aquarium, a few beach trips, probably go to L.A. and visit my BIL for a week or two but we haven't set any specific days to do those things.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 1:23 PM on Jun. 1, 2011