Are you afraid of water? For example you can't swim for fear of water.

I love to swim, but I have to be able to touch bottom while my head is still able to be above water.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am the same way, I want to have my feet on the ground. I had a really scary experience when I was 3, I lost my footing in the shallow creek I was playing in and the current swept me several yards from my parents into deeper water before my dad was able to get me. Ever since I have been very afraid of deep water. As a child I took swimming lessons to try and help me get over it, I was in the polliwog (beginner) class for 3 years in a row, finally I told my mom I did not want to be a 10 year old polliwog and stopped taking the classes.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If its just me, I don't mind being where I can't touch one bit. However, I am VERY nervous about my kids around water. Things can happen so fast, and I find that since I have more than one, I don't want to take them all out at the same time unless daddy is with us to help in an emergency.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• That happened to me while I was in the pool. I usually stayed in the shallow end but I learned how to doggy paddle. I went to stand not realizing I was in the deep end and panicked when i couldn't touch the bottom! I am 28 years old and still haven't been able to learn to swim.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• no thankfully because my husband can't swim to save his own life; my boys both love the water and are like fish whenever we are near a pool, lake whatever
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm deathly afraid of bodies of water. It's worse when I can't see down into the water, too. I can't swim, and I had a near-drowning experience as a child too, so it's definitely not my cup of tea.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:14 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm not afraid of water, but, i can't swim to save myself.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I had something similar but in the lake. I got away from the shallow end. I was in beginners swimming for 3 years also. DH is an excellent swimmer and has helped me a great deal. I still need my footing.
    pookiekins34

Comment by pookiekins34 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011