Spoils of war?

So, some neighbors of ours are in the middle of a pretty nasty breakup. We like them both, both are good people, if a bit immature. The man put a lot of time into fixing our car before we eventually had to scrap it and the woman got my hubby his current job and usually brings him into work with her. You can see why I don't want to get in the middle and start choosing sides.
Well she asked my hubs if he would help her move her stuff out and he felt obligated to help her out so he spent the moment he came home from work until past 9pm helping her move. Here's the thing though.... she's acting like a crazy b*tch! She took the kitchen table she never paid her half for, the whole living room set including the armchair she gave to her ex for xmas, the bed.. actually she slashed the mattress and threw it in the dumpster and kept the box springs. She cleaned out the bank account, refuses to pay their cell bill with the money she took.. I mean, she is showing a side of herself that is VERY ugly.
Anyway, she offered to sell the deep freezer to hubby for $80. AND HE TOOK IT! I asked him what he would do if it turns out it wasn't hers to sell and he said her ex could buy it back from him.
I don't feel right about it at all. I never wanted to get in the middle or be involved and now this. I don't know why he bought it.....

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I would have wished he wouldn't have bought that freezer too. I can see helping her move, but lord, don't buy things man!

Just try to be as neutral as you can, I guess.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would just say this is putting us in a very hard spot, we love you both, but are starting to feel in the middle of something that is not our business, I think you husband should just give the freezer back, if the man worked on his car so much, I think it is a fair trade. Now that she is moved, I assume your husband is going to work alone, if not he should start. I just would limit my contact with them until things settle down. Your husband does not need to risk his job, by taking sides.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Divorce is an ugly creature.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Divorces can be so nasty, good lucks about all I can say
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Divorce is rough on everybody! It really sucks when it's not even your drama, but you are forced to chose sides. Unfortunately your husband has chosen a side with his actions. Whether it was the right thing to do or not.... It is done. You have a choice to make now... Back up your DH's decision or let this drama spill over into your own marriage.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The quicker you find clarity, the quicker you
    can make this relationship better or make
    the decision to move on.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011