At what age is it good to start potty training?

my dd is 15 months and she loves to sit on the potty and when she goes in her diaper she comes and gets me to change her.

cathysmom2010

Asked by cathysmom2010 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• if she is doing all those things then I would start now. I think that you can start whenever your children start to show interest. If they are interested and you ignore it then it might be harder down the road. With my kids we went shopping for underwear & stickers. Then I printed a calendar page from the computer & hung it in the bathroom. Every time they went potty they put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" amount of stickers they got a special treat. All of my kids were potty trained by 2 1/2 years old.

Also, don't push it..if she is interested let her try although don't force it because once you do she might push back and then it takes longer.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There is not a good "age". Ever child develops differently. When a child shows signs, that is when its a good sign to start. But you also have to go into it realizing that showing an intrest in potty training does not always mean that their body is ready. It can take a while for that muscle memory and muscle control to develop. Potty training should be looked at as a long term process, not a sudden switch from diapers to underwear.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

Good Luck!
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• 18-24 months, but I wouldn't put too much pressure, because they tend to end up hating it!
    ambergrace612

Answer by ambergrace612 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011