Do you like being an auntie?

It is one of my favorite things to be. :) I enjoy making my neices and nephews laugh with off the wall jokes. a couple of them call me Crazy Auntie Kathy.. I miss them! I also got a new nephew last week.. does anyone else love being an auntie?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep and my nieces say I am the best aunt ever!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• i like it, cause it's a different kind of relationship than with my own kids with whom i need to be more of a mom-like figure to and less of a friend-like figure to. with my niece i can reverse those roles. it's funny cause there is my niece and then my 3 daughters, and they're all a year apart, currently they're 4, 3, 2, and 1 and the 3 year old is my niece.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yeah
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I have seven neices & nephews. We live next door to all of them too so my daughter & them are extremely close. I do love them they are all so funny & have their own role here & my daughter adores them!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I am not very close to my brothers, so I don't see my younger nieces or nephews much. My niece who is 18 we make it a point to keep in touch, even if it is thru Facebook (I am 100 miles away from my family)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yes! I don't have any nieces/nephews on my side of the familyh (my sis has a cat, no kids), BUT I am an Auntie and Great Auntie many times over thru my hubs family! I have 5 nephews ranging in age from 38 to 25, and 2 nieces who are 25 and 23. My 2 great nephews are 5 yrs and 3 yrs old, and the 5 great nieces are 9yrs, 8 yrs, 5yrs, 6yrs and 3 months old. So when everyone gets together it can be quite a houseful of little ones running around!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't really have the "auntie" experience. My only brother is very special needs and likely won't ever have children. With my husband's family, most of his neices and nephews are closer to his age. There is a 12 year gap between him and his next oldest brother, and his oldest brother is the same age as my mom. So, hubby's neices and nephews are more like cousins, and we're really not close with any of them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• yeah i do I'm an aunt 6 times i have four beautiful nieces and 2 handsome nephews they are all spoiled, lol
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I love it! My sis has 4 kids who I love to pieces. She had her oldest daughter when i was 15 so I was always babysitting and I sometimes I feel like she is my baby too!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Yep! I have two nephews and I LOVE them! I'm close to my oldest nephew (the other is only 3 months old) he was the first baby in our family. I was even his first word!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2011