Is it wrong for a mother to interfere with fathers parenting time when its been the same routine for 2 years?

KB61

Asked by KB61 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe you could split that time? Talk with your DH and make a decision best for the child. Good luck mama!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Who has custody of her? Do they share it or does her mother have custody & dad visitation? (and she's right..you do not have any rights sorry...only dad does)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I can see where you might want to spend more time with your step daughter, but as a mom, I can also understand that if I was home and available for my kids I would want them with me. Ultimately, it's up to the custody papers on where the little girl goes. Remember, though, that your step daughter is the most important person in this, do what is right for her, even if it's not what you want.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The bond that YOU are forming?

Her MOTHER has the right to time with her child, especially if they have shared custody. You are a STEPmother, you do not (and should not) have a say.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Honestly, you do NOT have "mother" rights here! With that said, if it is HIS time w/the daughter he has the right to choose who can care for the child while he's at work. If that's you then that's fine. As long as it's court order this is his time with her, then stick with it and make the ex take you to court to get it changed.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The mother didnt really care about not seeing her daughter those 4 days till her bf broke up with her and she quit her job. I have formed a special bond with the daughter and she even says she wants things to stay the way they are. When she is here, she gets home cooked meals, has a nice bedroom and lives also with her step brother and biological older sister. Eventually the mother is going to go back to work and it will interrupt daughters schedule again. The agreement is she is here Mon-Thurs and every other week Sun-Thurs.....therefore the time should be in this house as always has been.
    KB61

Comment by KB61 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If its stipulates those hours in the custody arrangement she must go back to court to get them changed (if I understand the question correctly)
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I should also comment.....as the father, my husband has the choice of where or who should be caring for his daughter...we are going to court for this but I just wanted opinions. We also want to move her to a school near our home since she goes to school 4 days a week from our home....SHE wants this also and onlly changes her mind after time with her mother I dont want a nasty fight and raised 7 kids of my own and my no means am I trying to be her REAL MOTHER...HER best interest is always our concern...starting trouble is the what the mother enjoys doing...from lying to child to sending me text messages lying about my husband.
    KB61

Comment by KB61 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If the agreement is official, then the mother has to go to court to change them. If it's not, sorry...but you are not her mother. You have NO rights.
    Amanda52007

Answer by Amanda52007 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• How old is the child? I assume that you stay home with her? I think pehaps 1 day a week wouldn't hurt for her to see her mom, but have your husband explain to her that she will be needing to get a job, and you don't want to interfere with the girl's routine. I would try to stay out of confronting her, have your husband do it,, and god bless you for being a good step mommy!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2011