What's the most successful diet you've tried?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight watchers was the best diet I was ever on.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• weight watchers worked very well for me
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No diet worked for me. I had to change my eating habits. Which meant a lifestyle change. A lifestyle changed worked for me.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• DIETS don't work period. Lifestyle and life long eating habit changes do!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Two main things for me...
    I changed my eating from social to survival. I have lost 45lbs and have had no problem keeping it off. I think it is all about one's mindset on food.
    I realized that a lot of the time I thought I was hungry and was eating I was actually just thirsty. My new rule: always drink some water before eating anything.
    ei_home

Answer by ei_home at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I know a lot of people that have had success with weight watchers, but as soon as they stop counting, they start gaining. I have lost over 11 lbs in the last 2 months just by changing the size of the plate I use at dinner. It causes me to eat smaller portions, but it looks like a full plate, and i never feel over-stuffed after any meal. The only thing I did different physically was I stopped being "lazy" like instead of asking my hubby to get me a glass of water while he's in the kitchen getting himself a drink, I would just get up and get it myself.
    JrsWif3y

Answer by JrsWif3y at 12:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Weight Watchers, mostly because it teaches you better eating habits, portion sizes, and how to stick to them as opposed to cutting out food groups.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (it's a low-carb diet). Hate the word "diet" because this is the way I am eating for life (been doing it for 12 years now and it's the best thing I could have ever done). Best thing I ever did; not only lost the weight but improved my overall health. And it taught me about how my body (and I'm sure many others) and how it really works and why low fat/high carb or counting calories was useless and dangerous for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Breastfeeding + walking + eating mostly whole foods. Whole grains, whole fruits and veggies (the less cooked the better), etc. I lost 25 pounds that way, and kept it off. Gonna start that again, soon... had my second baby 9 months ago and haven't lost all the baby weight yet :S
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Weight Watchers takes off my pounds very easily.....last time lost almost 50 pounds, but hit a plateau that couldn't get out of, gave up, and gained all 50 back plus 10.

Just started WW again this morning...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2011