Not sure how to face it this morning :S adult content

Last night my husband and I were fooling around. He was tired and I wasn't sure for a while if he really wanted to have sex or if he just wanted to go to sleep. Eventually it became clear that he did want to have sex, but he wanted me to do the work, which is 100% totally okay. Except that I have a really hard time having an orgasm on top, and he knows that. He didn't move to help with that at all.

Then he wouldn't really get into a position that would work for it. He was half-sitting diagonally on the couch (we cosleep, so we don't get to use the bed very often). I had to tell him to move twice. That is something he just tends to do, he goes more for comfort than functionality any time I'm going to be on top of him, even for things other than sex lol.

But then it got really awkward. Because of the aforementioned problem with achieving orgasm on top, I don't do it very often. I LIKE to do it sometimes, but not when I pretty much know for sure he doesn't care at all about making sure I get off too. And sitting on the couch isn't the best way to make sure that position works, either. I'm not huge or fat, but I have some extra, and we just couldn't make it WORK. Which embarrassed me and made me feel disgusting and... gelatinous lol. So he says "I don't think this is going to work here." So I get up, thinking he'll get up with me and we'll start again on the floor or something, but he just sat there like and said "Where to?"

Uh... love, there is only one other place to go to! What the hell do you mean "where to?"!

It totally ruined the mood for me when coupled with everything else. I told him so and he sighed and said "I'm going to bed then." (not unkindly, he was gentle with me) Kissed my forehead goodnight and went and sacked out.

And I was so embarrassed and disgusted with myself that I didn't go to bed for hours because I felt like he didn't want to be around me. I know that wasn't the case, but that's what it felt like when he didn't even try to comfort me or anything, just "I'm going to bed then."

He's sleeping in this morning and I just don't know how to face it when he gets up. I feel like I must be some gross creature to him.

What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I think this is a slippery slope that could get ugly fast if you aren't careful. You need to talk to him but be careful not to put words in his mouth. You felt badly because you didn't feel like you orgasm was important to him. Talk about it without accusations.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Whether you like the idea or not I think you guys need to talk about it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• try again! just pretend its ok with you that things didnt work out, make sure next time it isnt on the couch. You might feel like crap now but i bet if you tryed again, maybe tonight or this morning, you will shrug what happened before off.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think you are over reacting. You are not a gross creature to him or he wouldn't be with you. He's just a lazy lover. You have nothing to be embarrassed over. Tell him to man up. You have needs and he needs to provide for them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I think you are overreacting, hon. You just got embarrassed, that's all. You guys need to sit down and talk about it when everybody's calm and feeling fine and not when you are about to have sex.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The quicker you find clarity, the quicker you
    can make this relationship better or make
    the decision to move on.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:57 PM on Jun. 1, 2011