This might piss people off..

This might piss a few people off in here since it deals with Child support and stuff but i found this article that was actually a bit interesting.

“The overwhelming majority of these parents are not deadbeat, they are dead broke… even during the recession… child support enforcement agencies are very, very slow to give fathers and mothers… downward modifications. So, you have people who are forced to pay child support on an income that they haven’t earned in a year…”—F & F’s Glenn Sacks, on CNN Newsroom

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/?p=16171

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 10:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have been on BOTH sides of this issue and THIS article is dead to rights............if there is no income........there is no income.......it's not rocket science people, and though there are PLENTY of dead beats............there are also those out there who don't want to be dead beat, they just don't have the income..............
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• You know what gets me is that people think that only men dont pay child support and then call them dead beats, so why are they not saying the same about women who dont pay??? Why is it so sexist???
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sometimes divorce creates more problems then it solves.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I don't agree with the "overwhelming majority" part of the statement, but yeah, it's probably true in many cases.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• wait upsherises, we actually agree on something we need to mark this on our calendars, LOL..
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• DH pays child support to his to bms and we are broke because bm#1 is greedy! She is also living off the child support that she collects from all 3 of her bds. BM #2 got smart and is dating a poor innocent guy who pays all her bills for her so she won't have to work and she also collects to child support paychecks for her 2 sons. Both bms kids are all old enough to go to school but both use the excuse that they have no one to watch their kids. Before DH was paying child support they both were working but both magically quit or got fired from their jobs once they got that first paycheck! BM #1 might be pregnant again and she can't take care of the 3 she already has plus she has herpes! She left the state w/o approval from a judge and so DH hasn't seen his oldest son in a year BM#2 lives probably 15 minutes away but refuses to let DH see his son because she is still bitter for no reason and he hasn't seen his son since Dec 2009!
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Holy crap Night that sounds so crazy yet so true about Some BM's since my own BM was that way with my Dad..
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• It pisses me off to no end! DH isn't a deadbeat the moms are you just money hungry whores who try to make an oocupation outta being bms! I worked for a few months but I had to quit cuz I really had no one to watch my kids and they aren't school aged! I can't wait til they are old enough to start school cuz then I can go back to work!
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There were plenty of moms and dads not paying support before 2008 when things collapsed. I feel for those who want to pay and can't would be hard to know you can't provide for your kids. Those who are bitter towards the custodial parents and call them names I have no sympathy for. That is the childs other parent and they do sense when mom and dad hate each other. Too bad parents didn't make support payments about the good of their child instead of treating it like a burden. So pathetic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• While I do feel for these parents...the kids do have to eat....they do need a roof over their heads.

My father was a deadbeat. He got himself a brand new family...left my Mom with 3 kids..she had never even had a job. He was only ordered to pay $300 a month and couldn't even manage that...that small amount would have made a big difference to us.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011