Has your child ever played in a soccer club- like Sting, or ? Did it benefit them?

It's so expensive, I guess I just want to know if it's worth it! (doing it anyway;)

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Depends on the age, the child and the club!! My DD is just getting into this... her skilsl are improving and she is gaining confidence both in the sport and in general. It has also been a great source of friends with the same interests!! I was super nervous about it at first b/c I work in HS athletics. I spent a lot of time talking to parents and the kids who had come up thru these programs so I felt it was a good place for my DD to be!! It's a huge time commitment, but seems to be paying off for us ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My son (14) is in club soccer. I live in a pretty rural area and the cost is reasonable. He is learning so much and is improving in his skills every game! I would recommend club to anyone who could afford it. Be aware that there are cheaper clubs out there. I would never have paid what some clubs were asking, no matter how much I love my kid and want the best for him!! So yes I recommend it and I recommend pricing out the different clubs out there. Good luck mom!!
    triumphantmom

Answer by triumphantmom at 7:27 PM on Jun. 5, 2011