Does anyone know if there are any Summer Food programs?

in Ada, Michigan or surrounding areas area that gives help during the Summer to families in need? Or how can I find them?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Holidays

• I would like to know that answer for Florida also!! Good luck mama!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Food banks? Churches?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• In my area of WI the city does offer food programs-- like free sack lunches to kids (under 18) lunch location is at a few of the grade schools, Senior Center gives out free hot lunches to the elderly, and Salvation Army gives out lunches daily. You might try calling Salvation Army, Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Charities, United Way (they fund a lot of programs), food banks, Social Services,food banks/food pantries or local Churches. I am sure that a lot of those places would be able to tell you about any lunch programs, or if they don't know could direct you to someone who might have information on it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The summer food programs in schools may have been the victims of budget cuts in your state, but its worth looking into. Here in Austin, Texas, they are still going to provide free breakfasts to children in schools where 50% of those enrolled are eligible for free lunch. They don't base the food on the need of the family, though. Any school age child can show up and get breakfast.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Call one of the churches or the United Way... they usually have a list of programs and organizations in the area that can help
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• In my area the school hosts a program like that for breakfast and lunch, and they also have a bus that comes around for lunch for children 18 and younger.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2011