If you haven't talked to someone in along time...would you talk to them?

I had a friend who I thought was my friend we haven't spoken to each other in 10 years but I hear she doing fine and I am sure she hears from other people I am doing fine too. Well the other night I am watching TV and her name pops out on the screen (caller ID) she was calling I did not know what to do I really didn't want to speak to her bc I guess I am still hurt and upset. I have heard about a year ago she was going to call me but never did...I guess this was that time. She did not leave a message and here I am scrolling through the list of people who's called and now I am wondering if I should return the call even though she did not leave a message or should I just let her call again?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Call her. Maybe she really needs someone, or really feels bad or whatever. Nobody is perfect but for her to pick up the phone and call you says a lot.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd call. 10 years is plenty of time to get over whatever happened to cause the rift in the first place.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I say let bygones be bygones. I think it would make you feel better to talk to her. Even if u decide after the initial convo that's it's still not a friendship you'd like to persue, then fine but at least u can say u gave it a chance and there are no what if's.
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would call her. Life is too short to hold grudges about petty things. So she didn't call you when she said she would, so she didn't leave a message. Maybe she's feeling like you are, scared to make that first move. You never know what the future holds, and like BitsMom says, if you find out she's not the kind of friend you want, just don't call her again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;o)
    AFairyTaleGirl

Answer by AFairyTaleGirl at 10:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd call her back. Cause I would want to know why she called. Maybe she is willing to put whatever issue that happened in the past, and wants to be friends again. If things do not go well on the phone, well then I would have closure and know that the friendship is def. done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd only call her out of curiousity...
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The quicker you find clarity, the quicker you
    can make this relationship better or make
    the decision to move on.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• maybe she needs closure and you maybe the person to give it to her or maybe she wants to apologize - life is too short to hold grudges :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Depends on why you stopped speaking in the first place.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011