What do you think, ear infection or teething?

Crabby at night, pulling hair and ears, no fever, not eating well at some meals, having trouble falling asleep but sleeps well, drooling alot, mild diarhea... He has had a couple side teeth come in the last couple weeks. He's only had one mild ear infection so far and he's 15 months.

His dad keeps nagging that it's an ear infection, but I think it's teething.

Should I take him to the doctor?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• While a child is teething,he will seem to have an ear infection. Ear nose and throat is all connected. He is teething and my son had a few ear infections while teething. I would take him to the doctor and check just to make sure. Poor baby!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Sounds like ear to me but the dooling part makes me think teeth. Have you tried numbing gel for his mouth? I would try that first and see if it helps. I would also give a little Tylenol. Prop up his head when he sleeps because his teeth could make his ears hurt and if his head is flat laying down the pressure will hurt his ears. I would give it a day and if he gets a fever then I would call Dr. to be sure. but usually once the teeth come in all the problems go away. lol
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• it wouldnt hurt to take him in and get him checked out. my ds had ear infections for 6 months and he hardly ever had a fever. if he's pulling at his ears, it could be an ear infection
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2011