What would you do if you did not have the money?

OK my dd is in cheerleading and now they are wanting their money so they can purchase their uniforms...well we did not expect them to want money this soon and now I hate to not be able to let my dd participate bc lack of funds. June 1 is today and we don't get paid til next week. I don't believe they take payments....ugh! we have already paid 400. To be on the drill and now they want an additional 300.00 I don't know what to do my dd will be the only one left out being a cheerleader bc they all tried out so they'll be drill team/cheerleader.
And she won't be bc mommy doesn't have the funds :(
And if I did come up with it...how? And what would I tell dh he will think I am holding out on him :/
Thanks ladies.....venting!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd speak privately with someone from the school.
    you can't be the only person that has ever had this predicament.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Talk to the coach I'm sure your not the first parent with this problem...sometimes they have scholorships(people donate money so that kids who come from not so well off parents can participate) just talk to the coach.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'd call the school, tell them my predicament, and see if they had a solution. Maybe get a loan from family and friends?

meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would talk to whoever is in charge of the cheerleaders and explain the situation to her,I'm sure it won't be a problem!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• If it were me and I was just needing an extra week to get the funds, I would just put it on a credit card and then pay the card off as soon as I got the money the next week so not to have interest accrued.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• @AllAboutKeeley that's a good idea but I don't have a credit card anymore I just have a debit card and that is zero amount for now...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Awww maybe try to get a loan from friend or family? Or call coach/school hopefully they will work with you. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Talk to the school about scholarships or payment plans, ask DH what you can come up with out of your budget, ask the grandparents if they can help
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I would talk to someone.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• The truth is always good but I would explain the situation mayb something xan b done
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2011