food--meals

i need some new ideas for suppers... its only me and my 2 year old for 2 weeks (my hubby is out of state withhis job) so i need stuff thats fast and easy to cook and also kid friendly.. im going to the store and i want to buy enough food to make meals for 2 weeks any ideas

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my girls like chicken nuggets, pizzas, ramen noodles, rice, and stuff like that we have a lot of daddy being gone so it's a pain to cook a whole huge meal just for a couple of small eaters.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yes that is true i hate to cook when my husbands goone b/c my dd hardly eats
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I'd cook a couple big meals and eat leftovers. We love leftovers here
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my son loves boboli pizza crust, we use spagetti sauce and cheese and make it ourselves, if he helps make it he will eat it... we also love chicken patties and fries (not healthy but oh well!) he likes lasagna (i get it frozen to save time) breakfast for dinner, barbaque chicken. then i use the left over chicken and we wrap it in pillsbury cresent rolls with cheese and bacon... i know theses arent healthy suggestions, sorry! but it is honestly what he always eats... i do make (frozen or fresh depending on the buget for the month) peas, beans and corn everynite... hope that helps
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• In addition to traditional kid fare...chicken fingers, french fries, hot dogs, PB & J sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc., My kids love tortellini with a light broccoli and alfredo sauce--I just dribble a little over the tortellini.  It's easy to eat with fingers or a fork, and can be reheated.  You might also want to try TURKEY meatballs--you can buy them frozen, and they're healthier than regular meatballs. I serve them with a light cheese or tomato sauce.  They also love mini bagel bite pizzas, and tacos!  Let them "build their own" creation...place all the "parts" in several small dishes on the table.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008