Do you believe???

Do you believe that your ancestry means nothing if there is no connection???

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 11:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• How would it even be your ancestry if there were no connections? Do you mean living connections?
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Nope. We're big on loving our heritage in this house!

My Great Great Great Grandmother was the FIRST PERSON though Eilis Island... She was 15 and IRISH!!!! There is no bigger pride for me than my Scotts-Irish bloodline!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• What do you mean by no connections
    BitsMom00

Answer by BitsMom00 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ok here is the back story we have a debate group on facebook and the guy said that my husbands Indian blood line means nothing since his great great grandmother is dead, i was thinking other wise.
    mrssundin

Comment by mrssundin (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• That's ridiculous. I guess he would tell me too that i'm not Irish since my grandmother passed away 4 years ago. *rolling my eyes*. Pay no mind to ignorant dweebs like that!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, that makes no sense. Of course his blood line means something...no matter if everyone is dead but him...he still has that blood running through his veins. If he wants to acknowledge it, no one has the right to tell him that he shouldn't.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• No I don't believe that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well, since you only have to have a sixteenth of native American bloodlines to qualify for the government funded scholarship money... I would say it matters alot! On average about 40,000 a year! Lol
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ms Gwen is right. I adore ancestry and take it very seriously
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Well big deal about the money. Alot of people come up to me and tell me about their native roots (I'm Ojibway and look it). I think the main thing about claiming native blood was pride in having that and not trying to figure out how much money they could get. That is probably true with any discovery of unknown ancestry. That guy who said that probably doesn't have any clue about his own self. That is cool your dh discovered that.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2011