Gay teen boys as prom queens?

I was just reading on the stir about gay teen boys being voted as prom queens. I would think they should be the kings. Being gay doesn't make them a woman. I'm not talking about the transgender kids. What do you think?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's stupid. A male is still a male no matter sexual orientation.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm with amazinggrace...it should go by the plumbing. Each sex should only have 1 horse in the race. I have no problem with them being voted for KING by their peers.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• This is a transgender boy, not a gay boy.

Answer by older at 11:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Vote me down but I do not think its ok. They are still male regardless of sexual preference, if they want to run than run for king.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• older, not all are transgender. Some are openly gay students. (ie: boy in Blacksburg, VA voted prom queen was NOT transgender... Personally, I would think they would want to be prom king to show men don't have to be heterosexual to be the king. As a rise ABOVE the sterotypes.. But if they want to play into the stereotypes, that is on them... IMO, this example of playing into the stereotypes makes his cause look weak. jmo..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• OOOH OOH OOH......HEEEEERE is where this answer goes :) I will of course be considered hateful and ugly but I dont think this is right. He should have been voted Prom King. And kids ARE smart.......and media savvy ;) Voting a boy prom Queen=media coverage. There is already a boy position in this race. What about the poor GIRLS who have spent years dreaming of being prom queen......only to get there and have a BOY take up BOTH slots?? Now a while back there was transgender child that was born a boy but felt they were a girl. She/he won prom queen and I can kind of get that. I get that gay children have and still are picked on and ridiculed......but so are ALL kids and it's just not fair or right to take this "honor" away from girls who have had little GIRL dreams of this :(
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Ladies, this was not just a gay male, he is a transgender!

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• There was only one transgender boy who was Queen, the rest were gay boys.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• grly, I was referring to an article that came out just recently, and I thought she was refering to the same, and it referred to a transgender.  The op did not supply us with a link did she?

Answer by older at 12:48 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Perhaps they should change the titles from Prom King/Queen to something more gender neutral then. I kinda feel sorry for the other kids who run for those positions. Girls now not only have competition from other girls but also from boys & vice versa. Bash if you like, but some traditions are kind of nice. I guess if this keeps up we can eventually look forward to a male Miss U.S.A
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2011