How to bottle feed a breast fed baby?

I am a day care provider who needs advice on how to get a 10 month old baby to drink her moms brest milk from a bottle or a sippy cup.

lotsoflove365

Asked by lotsoflove365 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The same way you would introduce a pacifier. Wiggle the nipple of the bottle in her mouth until she takes it. You can try to express a little from the bottle and put it on her lips so she knows that it's food and not a toy. SHe may also be more likely to eat if you hold her close when you try to feed her.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my kids would not take bm from a bottle I had to use a sippy and one wouldn't take my milk from anything but me and would go 5 hours only eating solids till i got back. She actually adjusted her sleep schedule so she would sleep while I was gone and nurse more at night and when I was home. BAd for me but it worked for her. When kids are hungry they will eat if she was really that hungry it wouldn't matter what you fed her she would take it.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• this can take alot of time. try to place the nipple into the her mouth, squeeze a little milk into her mouth. it will be hard but she will take it in time. my first son was the very same way. good luck!
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 2:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my daughter never did no matter how hard we tried we had to give her solids when we were gone.
    unwieldingdream

Answer by unwieldingdream at 2:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Wow, it sucks that your asking the question...If I took my son to daycare I'd make sure he could drink from a bottle...that's to much stress on a babysitter! Are you getting paid extra!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2008