Birth control

What type of birth control do you use and what are the side effects? I can never seem to remember to take the pill each day and Mirena cause cramps/headaches and decreased my sex drive so I had it removed last summer. I am going ti discuss this with my Dr next week at my appointment but just wanted some input. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Health

• I natural family plan by charting and abstaining from sex on fertile days.

Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great book on the subject.

I was having some horrible side effects from the 3 types that I had tried and decided to stop putting junk in my body. I'm going on 3 years with no pregnancy BUT we are very careful when I am fertile.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I'm taking the pill right now. It's called sronyx, not sure what it is a generic of. But it's a low dose pill and so far I'm on the 3rd week of my first pack so I don't have many side effects to report. I have been spotting since I got off my period but I can deal with that.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 11:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Don't get the Depo shot unless you need to gain a lot of weight!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I loved the NuvaRing before I got my tubes tied. It was great!

Answer by missanc at 3:25 PM on Jun. 1, 2011