Does anyone else have a toddler that likes to sleep in?

mine is 3 and she's still asleep at 10:30. She sleeps like this all the time and is usually in bed by 9:30. Sometimes u try to wake her up and she tells me she wants to sleep. Aren't most kids up at the crack of dawn?

BitsMom00

Asked by BitsMom00 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 2 year old like to sleep till like 10 am but he doesn't go to sleep at night until about 11pm and usually takes a couple hour nap during the day.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My son is the same way.He would sleep all morning if I let him. We have to get up early and I usually have to get him dressed when he's asleep and then I wake him up to brush his teeth and he just says "it's too early". All this even when he's in bed by 8:00 p.m.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My does, he loves to sleep and sleeps all night. I usually just let him wake up when he wants to but if he is not up by 11:30 then I wake him up.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My son (who is nearly 17 now) was like that. You just did NOT want to wake him up because he would be soooo cranky. You just had to let him wake up on his own...and sometimes it wasn't till 10 or 11. I always put him to bed at a reasonable time. He just loved to sleep (and still does!). When he started kindergarten, he had half day in the afternoon. I let him sleep till 11 then woke him for a meal (lunch..burnch lol). He ate & went happily off to school.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Mine son was/is like that...from about 5 months all the way up to 15years. He is still asleep now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my 21 month old LOVES to sleep!! some times she'll sleep til 11-12!! and my oldest daughter used to be the same way!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My 4-year-old likes to sleep in. He has since he started sleeping thru the night. I just let him sleep until he decides to wake, unless we need to be some where. Trying to work on getting him used to getting up in the morning so he can go to kindergarten next year.
    momjonesof4

Answer by momjonesof4 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My almost 3 year old usually isn't up at the crack of dawn but once he's up he's up. There is no such thing as sleeping in! Hopefully that eventually changes lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• my 3 year old dd likes to sleep in but doesnt go to bed until later if she sleeps in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• lol my ds has always woke up early!! he's usually up anywhere between 5am and 9am....5am if he doesnt take a nap and goes to sleep at 7:30 or 8pm. sometimes he'll sleep in but it screws me up when he does, i usually wake up when he does.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011