So...what do you have plans for the summer vacation for your kids?

OMG!!! I am NOT looking forward to it they are such a pain in my butt. I mean they are good well mannered kids but when they get in their moods in fighting and arguing and so on... I can not take it!!!!
Any suggestions ladies ?????
From today onto August they'll be home (and they are into some activities) but for the time being at home omg! Im dreading it.....I love them don't get me wrong but....but....ugh!
Thanks Ladies!!!

I need a schedule or something...TY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I can't wait to spend some time with my kids!! I miss them terribly when they have school & I have work! We have 3 week long camping trips planned for the summer. Then we'll do beach trips & stuff like that. I am also looking forward to just hanging around the house too. The have plenty of toys, crafts and stuff to keep them busy, so I don't feel the need to entertain them to much.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Awww lol, I am one of those weird moms who loves summer. I actually get depressed and cry when they go back haha. What we do is swim alot. We have a pool. We also have a garden and the kids help with that. It is around an acre big or so. We go to the movies, we have free movies Mon and Tues mornings at Marquee Cinemas for kids (its national you can look into it). Wednesdays are 99 cent waffle cone days so we swim then go get cones. In July the kids start Football and Cheerleading.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• My older kids will start conditioning and practices for sports or band in a few days. When they aren't at practice, I don't force them to spend time with each other, I like to stay sane, unless we are doing something as a family. We have a local theater that shows movies for free in the mornings. Also, the bowling alley offers free or cheap games thru the day for kids, since their business doesn't pick up until the evening. I take my 4-year-old to the library for story time and then to McD's or the park for lunch and play time. Also, take all four to the mall. The older kids window shop for back to school stuff and I can let my 4-year-old play in the play area. Whatever keeps them all alive and my sanity works for me.
    momjonesof4

Answer by momjonesof4 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Although I enjoy extra time with my kids, it does get hard with fighting between them, so I hear ya. I schedule something most every day. We are water bugs so enjoy the pool or lake quite a bit. There are so many good ideas above. As for the bickering, I tried a chart this year (during the school year) where they earn a point each day they do not fight, once they reach a certain amount of pts, they may pick something out at the store (goal set beforehand) that I approve of at a reasonable price. At first I thought they are being paid to not fight (I'm old school, so that was not an OK concept with me) but went forward with it to see how well they did. My sanity restored, and best of all the girls have learned to settle the petty arguments between them, PLUS (my oldest DD had a prob with this at first) walk away from a comment when she feels the need to get the last word in w her sister. Worked for me and them.
    maggiebree

Answer by maggiebree at 1:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have no plans and my kids don't do any camps or activities in the summer. They spend their time playing with their friends outside like summer should be. When they get whiny and annoying I offer them chores to do or kick their butts outside to find something to do. I have 5 kids so it's crazy here all the time, not just summer. But at least in the summer it's almost always nice so they can go outside when they bug me. There are days I rarely even see them because they are off playing all day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think any type of church camp is good. My grandchildren look forward to going every year!
    myya

Answer by myya at 7:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011