So frustrating.

How can I potty train my son if I can't be with him all day? I am a working mom and my son goes to a daycare. He loves going to the daycare but I'm afraid he won't get the one on one time needed for potty training. I wish I could stay home with him and potty train him myself but that is pretty much out of the question. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone potty trained their child over a weekend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The daycare should be on board with potty training. If they aren't, you should look for a new place to put him.
    Potty training not only benefits you and the child but the daycare as well.

I would talk with them first. And yes you can potty train over a weekend but it can be hard on the child.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• I did. All it takes is to take one day off work. Take off Friday. Stay home Saturday and Sunday. Don't go anywhere. Put him in underwear, no more diapers (except at night). Just stay home and take him to the potty every 1/2 - 1 hour. By Monday he will be trained. That is what I did with all my kids. If you can't take off, wait until a holiday weekend. Wait until your son turns 3. That will make it much easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2011

• try doing it over the weekend.. if you pm me I can give you a trick I used with my dd that had her potty trained in three days time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:12 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Use a three day weekend if you can. I also recommed potty train you child in just one day.... it's a great book
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 12:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Bless your heart! I'm a grandma and I had to work, my kids were in a daycare as well. It is hard, but things will work out fine for your son. He won't be potty trained until he is ready. It doesn't matter who is around him. And yes you can potty train a child over a weekend if he or she is ready. Don't worry so much. Things will work out. I promise.
    grandma2011

Answer by grandma2011 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2011

• Dont worry we all wish we could stay home with our kids. I own a child care facilily and believe me he will be fine when it's his time. Especially in a daycare he will see all his friends potty-time and will pick up the behavior and will quickly learn. He may have a few accidents but he will be fine. Day care's are truly all on the potty-training thing, we get a kick out of being the one's to teach that skill. I never heard of a boy being trained in a weekend. If you do try let us know how it turns out
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 6:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2011